HOW TO STAY SAFE FROM DUST ON THE JOBSITE
Hilti's health and safety solutions for construction sites
WHY CHOOSE DUST FREE SOLUTIONS?
At Hilti we have decades of experience working onsite with our customers, all over the world, every day.
We understand the dangers, challenges and solutions onsite for health and safety. We have team of certified engineers and specialists with years of experience that can assist you with a system and solution.
Many everyday construction applications such as drilling, sawing, breaking, grinding, coring and chiselling inevitably create dust which negatively impacts both health and safety as well as jobsite productivity.
Hilti is committed to helping reduce the risks of dust exposure on site. We offer comprehensive systems that keep dust to a minimum in virtually every conceivable job.
Particles within the dust present serious health implications such as:
• Lung cancer
• Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
Our Hilti Dust Solution were designed to reduce potential long and short term risks from dust on the jobsite.
Dangerous dust can be so small that it’s invisible to the naked eye. Find out how to protect yourself from this invisible risk and how to reduce the generation of dust, right at its source.
As an employee it’s important to understand how to protect yourself on the jobsite, and what potential solutions you have available to avoid serious health implications.
As an employer it’s important to understand your legal obligations to assess and reduce risks onsite – and to ensure your employees avoid them.
WHAT ARE THE OTHER BENEFITS OF OUR DUST REDUCING SYSTEMS?
- Wasting time: sealing off areas before starting work and cleaning up afterwards.
- Impairing working comfort: getting in eyes, ears, clothes and hair - requiring time consuming and costly equipment and preventative measures.
- Damaging fixtures and fittings: such as carpets, furniture and other furnishings.
- Affecting other work: such as plastering, painting, electrics, etc.
- Tool effectiveness: less noticeably, dust also clogs up tools and inserts, reducing their productivity and shortening their life span.
HOW WE CAN ADVICE YOU
Find out more about the risks of dust on the jobsite:
- Become aware of the risks connected to dusty applications
- What dust free solutions we can advise you to use
- Responsibilities of the employer and employee
- How to bring in preventative measures using the STOP analysis
- Professional, effective and hands-on learning