HOW TO FASTEN BASE PLATES
Anchors for columns and beams under high loads
All our fastening systems are code compliant and offer a wide range of solutions for concrete and masonry.
They can also be used for non-structural and structural elements in seismic design.
We also have an engineering department backed up with engineering services to help with design, design software, onsite testing and consultation, training, technical data and documentation.
Our anchor systems are all designed to make your build safer and more reliable.
- Our Hilti HY200 + HIT Z SafeSet Technology – cuts out the need for manual cleaning of drill holes, saving up to 50% of your installation time.
- Our RE 100 chemical adhesive can be used within diamond cored and hammer drilled holes for structural applications, where by seismic approvals are required.
- Our Hilti RE 500 V3 with Hollow drill and Diamond core drills Technology – provide the same loading capacity for the standard installation with hammer Drills make it more reliable.
- Our Hilti HY 170 chemical adhesive – use for masonry applications and with our Hilti PROFIS Anchor design software, for code compliant designs.
WHICH ANCHOR SYSTEM DO I USE FOR BASE PLATES
HOW TO DESIGN ANCHOR SYSTEMS FOR BASE PLATES
When fastening anchors for base plates it’s important to carefully consider:
- Applied forces – including seismic, fatigue, wind
- Base material – whether it’s masonry, cracked concrete or non-cracked concrete
- Distance to edges and spacing
If you need help with design, you can work with our expert Hilti engineers – contact your local Hilti team for more help.
Or use our Hilti PROFIS Anchor design software:
- It’s up-to-date with the latest codes and regulations
- Includes cast-in place, mechanical and chemical anchors
- Links to our Hilti BIM/CAD library